International marketing support: markets
For planned attendance by producers with a range of experience at core markets to secure finance for Australian projects in advanced development and to advance their overall slates.
It is expected that outcomes will include securing international market attachments or finance, while building interest in upcoming projects.
Maximum of one grant per company per year.
What funding is available?
Applicants can request an amount up to the stated maximum, supported by a budget.
- Cannes Film Market: $6,000
- All other eligible markets and events: $5,000
What is the application timing?
- Eligible markets: rounds will open approximately three months in advance and will be advertised on our website and via e-news.
- Eligible pitching events: application may be made at any time after receipt of invitation.
The turnaround time for application decisions is approximately three weeks.
Who can apply?
All applicants and projects must meet the general eligibility criteria in our Terms of Trade. In addition:
- The event must be an eligible market or pitching event listed below.
- Proof of selection must be provided for pitching events.
- Companies may receive only one grant to attend eligible markets in a 12-month period (other than in exceptional circumstances, which could include an eligible pitching event or co-production forum).
- Current recipients of funding through Screen Australia’s pre-2014 Enterprise programs (Enterprise, Feature Enterprise) are not eligible.
- Screen Australia will not provide funds retrospectively.
- Content London: content creators including producers, writers, development executives who are practitioners on the path to becoming showrunners. Grant applicants must have a key creative credit in their respective field on at least one drama, comedy or kids series, with priority given to applicants who have international co-production experience or recent international sales.
Eligible pitching events
Eligible events have been chosen to ensure that Screen Australia’s support is as strategic as possible and the best use is made of available funds.
On exceptional occasions, at the discretion of Screen Australia, an event not on the current list may be considered, if it has grown in significance and/or offers unique commercial opportunities.
What materials do you need to apply?
Applications must be made on the relevant form. Supporting documents requested include the marketing plan for the project/s, a statement of intended outcomes, the proposed meeting list and a full budget.
Eligible applications will be considered by a Screen Australia staff member and/or an industry specialist.
Funding decisions will be made against the following criteria:
- the suitability/viability of the applicant’s slate or project for the event
- the strategy for the market or event including planned activities and meetings
- the strength of the applicant’s CV, including relevant and recent credits and industry experience, and their experience pertinent to the market or event.
Other factors, including availability of funds, may also influence Screen Australia’s funding decisions.
Decisions on applications are final. Screen Australia will advise applicants in writing of the outcome. Where an application is declined, the applicant will be advised of the reason.
Terms of funding
Funding through this program is provided as a grant.
Recipients are required to provide a written report detailing the outcomes of the funding.