Our Indigenous programs support creatively ambitious projects and people, and imaginative, resonant stories authored by Indigenous Australians.
To be eligible for assistance from Screen Australia’s Indigenous Department:
- a sole applicant must be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian
- projects must have Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians in key creative roles – at least as writer and director, and in the case of writing teams the lead writer must be Indigenous
- applicants and their projects must meet:
– the general eligibility requirements set out in Screen Australia’s Terms of Trade, and
– the eligibility requirements of the particular program.
Funding is not intended for projects by non-Indigenous filmmakers with Indigenous content.
Indigenous filmmakers may apply to any Screen Australia program in addition to the funding programs of the Indigenous Department.