Television and online
For teams who do not meet the eligibility criteria, the Wildcard Pitch provides an alternative avenue to be eligible for Story Development feature film and online and interactive funding.
A video pitch of up to three minutes can be emailed via a downloadable and password-protected link at any time through the online application portal.
The pitch must describe:
- the concept for a fiction feature project or online and interactive drama series, one-off or virtual reality drama installations of any genre
- the potential audience for the film or online and interactive drama
- the current stage of the project (eg treatment, draft script or whatever form your project is in if your development plan is utilising more non-traditional approaches)
You will also need to include in the online application portal:
- a 250 word (maximum) synopsis, and
- a maximum 5-page writing sample that is either an excerpt of the project you are pitching for in Wildcard or any other previous screen project that portrays your original storytelling style.
We are looking for pitches that grab our attention, that evidence a story concept that will generate and sustain the dramatic structure of a feature film, online and interactive drama, or virtual reality drama installation, and one that knows its audience.
Pitches will be viewed by Screen Australia personnel and/or industry specialists as required and some teams may be invited to apply for Story Development funding. The intention of this pitch is to provide a virtual open door to talented storytellers to be eligible for story funding.
Given the magnitude of submissions we do not have the resources to provide feedback. We will advise whether or not an invitation to apply for funding will be afforded within approximately six weeks of receiving your pitch.
Wildcard pitch submissions that are invited to apply for Story Development funding will be evaluated competitively against our story development assessment criteria.