International Pitching Forums
Berlinale Co-Production Market
|12 February 2017
14 February 2017
The Berlinale Co-Production Market is a two-and-a-half-day event for about 450 international producers, sales agents and distributors, as well as broadcasting and funding representatives active in the field of co-production, which is run during the Berlin International Film Festival.
Project Submissions (by e-mail)
- Fully completed submission form
- Treatment in English (5–8 pages)
- Five-page script excerpt
- Director's previous work sample on DVD (by regular mail/courier)
- Feature-length fiction project for theatrical release
- Suitable for international co-production and open for co-producers
- Full script available in English
- Budget between two and ten million euros (from one million euros for projects from countries in transition)
- A minimum of 30 per cent of the financing must have already been secured
- The company must already have completed at least one international co-production.
The selected projects will be announced in January, and will be presented in the project catalogue, which is e-mailed to all registered participants three weeks prior to the event. The Berlinale Co-Production Market team organises individual one-on-one meetings with interested potential co-producers and financiers for the producers of the selected projects.
The Berlinale Co-Production Market is meant to be a 'natural' meeting place for producers and financiers who are already attending the Berlinale. Therefore, the Berlinale Co-Production Market does not pay for travel and hotel costs, and does not provide festival accreditation for participants.
"It’s very functionally organised. There was a producer’s lounge which had 'matchmakers' who introduced you to other people in the room. They were fantastic and I ended up with one of my best meetings through one of these introductions."
This information is to be used as a guide only and is of a general nature. Screen Australia has undertaken all reasonable measures to ensure its accuracy and specifically disclaims any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly of the use and application of any of the contents. Exact submission requirements are stipulated in the festival's Rules and Regulations which are available on the festival website.