France | Television
|16 October 2017
19 October 2017
MIPCOM is held in the Palais des Festivals, Cannes each year and runs for five days. It is a well run market for film and TV for broadcast, where large corporations can do multimillion dollar world sales and small sales agents can do territory-by-territory sales.
MIPCOM is most effective for producers with a range of television product for sale, including mini-series and documentary series. Whilst it is not as high-powered as MIPTV, it is still a market to discuss pre-sales.
Traditionally held just prior to MIPCOM in Cannes, MIPCOM Junior brings together buyers and sellers specialising in children’s television programs.
With over 460 buyers from over 40 countries it is the largest children’s programming screening event and the leading conference venue for kids and youth programming.
Accreditation forms can be obtained from MIPCOM's website and hotel accommodation can be booked through the Reed Midem Organisation.
- "Start setting up your meetings six weeks beforehand and when possible distribute materials at least four weeks prior to the market. Hopefully your meeting will read the material and is educated on the project. Avoid the temptation to book dozens of meetings for the sake of filling your day. Leave some time for opportunities that arise during the meetings."
- "Research the market beforehand to identify what groups you’re targeting are likely to be looking for, so you are going in with a relevant project."
- "Know your verbal pitch by heart."
- "Succinct, easy-to-digest marketing materials are a must. Full treatments are generally not a good idea, at least for the first and introductory meetings. Plus you don’t want to be hauling around heavy bags of paper."
- "Arrive earlier than the day before the market starts to orientate yourself."
This information is to be used as a guide only and is of a general nature. Screen Australia has undertaken all reasonable measures to ensure its accuracy and specifically disclaims any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly of the use and application of any of the contents. Exact registration details are available on the market website.