• Search Keywords

  • Year

  • Production Status

  • Genre

  • Co-production

  • SA Supported

  • First Nations Creative

  • Length

  • Technique

Provisional Certification

A provisional certificate states that, based on the information presented in the application, we consider that the proposed project would meet the eligibility requirements for the Producer Offset, if it is made in accordance with the information provided.

A provisional certificate does not guarantee that a project will qualify for the Producer Offset. An application must be made for a final certificate (and a final certificate must be issued) once the project is completed in order to claim the Producer Offset. If a provisional certificate is not issued for a project this does not prevent you applying for a final certificate in relation to that project.

You may apply for a provisional certificate at any time during development, financing or production. To apply for a provisional certificate, an applicant company must complete an application form and provide it, and all attachments, to the POCU.   Incomplete applications will not be assessed.

Fees are payable for provisional certificate applications, which are scaled to the project’s budget in accordance with the Rules and are outlined in the application form.

It is important to note that for provisional certification, we will not:

  • Assess an applicant’s estimated QAPE. Applicants are encouraged to obtain their own independent QAPE opinion if required.
  • Certify that interested party transactions are budgeted in accordance with the arm’s length principle, or
  • Audit the claims in your application form and associated documentation.

As a provisional certificate is based solely on information provided in the application, if any material changes to the film or its structure are made which decrease the level of significant Australian content, you must notify us of any proposed changes which may impact on the project’s eligibility within a reasonable time before implementation. 

A re-assessment fee will be payable if you require re-assessment of a provisional certificate.  This includes a re-assessment of distribution and SAC.